Last Updated: June 5, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive email updates or other notifications (such as SMS alerts), fill out a form, make a donation, send us an email, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address and other contact information (such as your social media handles, user names, postal address, and/or phone number), payment information (such as your credit card or other payment method), and other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the New York State Board of Elections (“NYSBOE”) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the NYSBOE requires us to collect (and disclose) the name and address of all individuals whose donations exceed $99 in aggregate.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your access to and use of the Site, such as your web browser, access times, pages viewed, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages viewed, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
- Device Information:We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience on the Site, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the Site or in emails and help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Site. For example, if you make a donation to a third-party website, like Act Blue, for our benefit (such as via the link on the Site), we will obtain certain information about you from the third-party website.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters, and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers for issues and organizations we support;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under applicable laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site; and
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To report required information to the NYSBOE, including name and address of individuals whose contributions exceed $99 in aggregate (for additional information, visit the NYSBOE website at https://www.elections.ny.gov/);
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Leecia Eve for Attorney General 2018, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Leecia Eve for Attorney General 2018; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Site or otherwise that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Links to Other Websites
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Leecia Eve for Attorney General 2018 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Leecia Eve for Attorney General 2018 is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
You may opt out of receiving updates, newsletters and other promotional communications by email by following the instructions in those emails, and you may opt out of receiving SMS alerts by texting STOP at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any of your donations or transactions.